Search This Blog

Ravens Ravens Lair

Ravens Ravens Lair
Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk?

Raven's RavensLair

A place for Dreams to Grow and Blossom and Strangers to become Friends.

Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

The Making of Ravens Ravens Lair

Setting Up Home On A New Blog.

Hello my Name is Raven.

In a sense setting up a new blog is like a bird creating a new nest. You take a little bit of this and a little bit of that and you arrange it and then rearrange it and move a little thing here and there. Then after a while you finally decide that you have it just right and it becomes a comfortable place.

That is what I want this place to be, a comfortable place. A place to dream and muse and explore and share with others, my creative muse and let the world know a little of Raven and what she is all about.


I create things. That is what I enjoy doing. I love working with raw materials and watch as they take form under my hands. I make hair jewelry and regular jewelry, and many other things.

I have recently discovered steampunk. The truth is that I have lived my life steampunk, I just didn't know that there was a genre or a subculture of it. I have dressed in vintage clothing and had my own sense of style that would get looks, but until I found articles and websites on the web, I didn't realize that there were more like me. :D So if you see things on my blog with a Victorian Steam slant you will understand why.

One of the things that I adore about Steampunk is that they create outside of the box. That is how I have lived my life and want to continue to do so. Live by an honorable system, that non the less has it's own sense of direction and waltzes to a different beat of not just a drummer, but a full orchestra.

This is my world and you are welcome to it. I just ask for those who choose to visit and take little peeks into my lair, be kind. The world is always a nicer place when you share a little kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment